Taking a small break from my usual outfit posts, it's going to be a beauty post. Today, it's all about the nails.
I love nail polish and freshly painted nails. Especially if they're designed prettily. I always try different nail polish brands to see which works for me. As I always love to multitask and do something while my nails are drying, I want something fast drying and opaque . Something like the Girl Stuff Nail Polishes. Girl Stuff is a nail polish brand that is made and imported from France.
I've seen them before when I would go to The Philippines and see booths selling them. I've also heard about them from a close friend of mine (*cough* Jesa) who raved about them to me. I never got around to picking one up until Vivian of Girly Bliss gave me a few samples to try out. I've been trying them on and off for about a few months now to really see what I think of them and here are my thoughts:
Upon first application, I was blown away by how opaque it was and how it did not streak on my fingernails as you can see from the picture below. On my 2nd coat, my fingernails were fully covered and shiny. It dried pretty quickly compared to other nail polishes I've tried. Not only is the formula amazing in terms of consistency and drying time, it is free from harmful chemicals like Toulene, Formaldehyde, dibutylphthalate, formaldehyde resin and camphor. Some of those chemicals are found to be toxic and even carcinogenic, so being free from these harmful chemicals makes it safe even for pregnant mommies-to-be and children. I also don't have to worry too much now about my sexaaaay nails turning yellow or being damaged as much as if I were to wear regular nail polish.
- Easy to use; good length of nail polish handle
- Fast -drying; compared to other nail polish brands I've tried
- Free from harsh chemicals; safe for children and pregnant ladies
- Provides an expiration date at the bottom of the bottle
- A shiny finish
- Not easily accessible because not a lot of places in Hong Kong sell Girly Stuff but for the betterment of your nails and its appearance, it's worth it for me to go and get some from Girly Bliss. For more about Girly Bliss, click here.